Alec Betz practices primarily in the areas of real estate, corporate law, entertainment law and government contracts. His diverse background has afforded him a wealth of experience in mergers and acquisitions, music law and defense contracts.
Prior to practicing law, Mr. Betz enlisted in the military shortly after the events of 9/11, and earned himself a position as an operator in the elite 5th Special Forces Group (informally known as the Green Berets). He spent the next twelve years dividing his time in support of combat operations between Iraq and Afghanistan. Upon his return home, Mr. Betz entered law school and began practicing law, where he has translated the unconventional strategies and creative tactics learned on the battlefield to his legal practice.
- Assisted large franchise owner client in the sale of assets valued at $130 million.
- Assisted in the merger of franchisees with subsequent acquisitions valued in excess of $35 million.
- Performed the duties of Business and Legal Affairs for local independent music label.
- Negotiated agreements for Big-3 Record Label clients.
- Represented numerous emerging musical artists with various complex contract negotiations.