Whether a publicly-traded multi-national company or a family business, companies and their shareholders, members or executives turn to Gray Ice Higdon’s experienced and strategic litigators when facing business disputes. Our litigators work closely with our clients to offer innovative and cost-effective solutions – whether it be intervening in a dispute early with risk-avoidance strategies, negotiating favorable settlements, or aggressively and efficiently litigating a case through jury trial. We understand the stakes, the complicated business and financial issues involved, and we work zealously to achieve advantageous results for our clients.
Our Bet-The-Company Litigators Have Significant Experience Handling Cases Involving:
- Breach of contract
- Shareholder derivative claims
- Officer and director breach of fiduciary duty claims
- Partnership disputes and dissolutions
- Limited liability company disputes and dissolutions
- Non-compete litigation
- Non-solicitation litigation
- Trademark litigation
- Copyright litigation
- Patent litigation
- Unfair competition
- Trade secret misappropriation.
Examples Of Gray Ice Higdon’s Business And Commercial Litigation Experience Include:
- Obtained a complete defense verdict on behalf of river boat operator in case where client was alleged to have committed trademark infringement and plaintiff was seeking damages in excess of $90 million.
- Successfully enforced director and officer advancement of litigation expenses in Director Indemnification Agreement contracts in dispute between hospitality company and former CEO and directors of company, obtaining awards in excess of $1 million dollars, including a punitive damages award.
- Successfully argued before Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals to affirm a $3.2 million dollar judgment in non-compete and non-solicitation breach of contract action, including affirming determination that the judgment was not dischargeable in bankruptcy by the defendant.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of Kentucky oil transport company in a multi-million dollar dispute brought by former owner of the company related to stock ownership.
- Obtained complete dismissal of claims against bank alleging that it had breached a loan purchase agreement and committed fraud in failing to disclose status of collateral to purchaser.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor or law firm client alleged to have breached fiduciary duty by acting with a conflict of interest.
- Obtained a multi-million dollar settlement favorable for hospitals in a breach of contract dispute with a large health maintenance organization alleging the HMO unilaterally tried to change its contract.